IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Antarctica "Directorship" Tournament, A new weekly tournament...
The Bus Driver
post Jan 11 2004, 09:06 AM
Post #1

Nearing Adolescence

Group: Life
Member No.: 100

Starting January 18th, 2004, I, The Bus Driver, will be hosting a weekly tournament with the Antarctica map. This tournament will feature rules EXACTLY like the ones the real directorships will feature, the only difference would be that there will be no directorship card for the director.

I have been told that if this tournament runs successfully, there is a possibility that we can have our own antarctica directorship card. So for those of you that would like to see more events being run (and stay ran), check it out on sunday January 18th for the 1st show!

Notes:
-This tournament will not be run on weeks with a pro final, I am not competeing with the CXCC.
-Yes, this is a weekly tournament, so directors will be defending every week!
-Prizes will come either from my own pocket or andrea if I get some prize support, but they'll probably be pretty good. (Not promos!)
-You are eligible for more than 1 prize per month, unlike the CXCC.
-Directors who successfully defend will also get a prize, so that people don't purposely lose so that they can come back next week to win a prize (greedy SoBs tongue.gif )
-I will be following the CXCC's formats, so the 18th will be Antarctica, 40/4, open, no Reboot.

Edit: This event will be held at 1400 core time

This post has been edited by The Bus Driver: Jan 12 2004, 01:55 AM

--------------------
They call me the Bus Driver,
Because I take you to school!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Jan 11 2004, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Big Kid

Member No.: 175

What time?

--------------------
Honestly. Sir...and miss out on enjoying my truck rippling and melting under me as the asphalt roils and spews charteuse magma into a candy-colored sky? I hardly think so.

+Quote Post
SS2091
post Jan 12 2004, 08:20 AM
Post #3

Young Adolescent

Member No.: 96

Director Card will be Freak Blizzard tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Follow in My Footsteps, I Think I Stepped in Something.

+Quote Post
Cmdr Raptor
post Jan 12 2004, 09:06 AM
Post #4

Evil Corporate CEO

Member No.: 46

No! Exosuit and Deep Ice Shield. Only Dir can use these items original.gif Not that anyone uses these cards anyways tongue.gif

--------------------
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

+Quote Post
The Bus Driver
post Jan 13 2004, 06:38 AM
Post #5

Nearing Adolescence

Member No.: 100

they might in antarctica, 8 armor on a HQ, and unaltered 12/8/8 (no HP loss, no FP loss) is nothing to sneeze at (*rimshot*)

Plus, the map itself is a different game itself, where some cards get powered up, while some plunder in power.

-hive HQ will be so much better now that you can't be stuck in reykjavic and then find out your opponent's HQ is in london or something, you ALWAYS have a different direction to go where there won't be enemy bases for a while: plus the fact that your opponent's assets will have to be travelling for a while to get to your HP, and in the meantime losing lots of HP. Just remember to guard your perimeter bases!

-Defense gets alot easier, seeing as how 1st turn finds are not possible. Also, your opponent's assets all get lower FP, so beat and rusher will only get 5 FP, most sabotage assets from 1-3, etc, while your dresdner bot doesn't really care.

-Direct Damage gets a big boost, because no matter if it's antarctica or europe, salvaged artillery still does 2 damage. Expect your opponents to be playing this and defend accordingly. So less pillboxes and physical defense, and more perception-rich assets and cards that prevent unconventional attacks, although you can't leave physical defense behind as always.

-Compound interest decks remain almost untouched, remember that and also prepare accordingly, a deck with 4 thalmanns or Cyber HQ using CERT/Turing autowarden isn't a bad place to start.

--------------------
They call me the Bus Driver,
Because I take you to school!

+Quote Post
Cmdr Raptor
post Jan 13 2004, 06:49 AM
Post #6

Evil Corporate CEO

Member No.: 46

Unide Exo gives 10/8/12 original.gif