IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lack of Support, Could BSR be doing more?
SideshowJoel
post Jan 3 2004, 03:01 AM
Post #1

Nearing Adolescence

Group: Life
Member No.: 192

While I applaud Andrea for all the work she has done in resurrecting ChronX and allowing the community to thrive, there are a few things that have been bothering me about ChronX lately.
I understand that BSR is in a bit of a catch-22, in that they are understaffed due to lack of a larger community and unable to support a larger community due to staffing issues. However, some things could definitely be handled better.
Before I get into specific complaints, you may wonder why I am bothering to list them. The answer is because I am trying to gauge the level of frustration people have with these things. Some of them must be reported en masse or nothing will ever get done.
1) Card Bugs. There are many card bugs that have been identified, but no timetable has ever been presented as to when they will be fixed. At least one bug causes the game to crash (the packet sniffer / stormcatcher AI bug). Having a card which behaves improperly is probably the single most frustrating thing that can happen in-game.
2) Lack of Email Response. I have sent at least 5 emails in the past few months regarding bugs and have not even gotten a single response via email.
3) Vague Answers / Lack of Updates. During "help sessions" that Andrea used to have, a common response to just about every pressing question is "we're working on it" with no more detail provided. Similarly, the ChronX development blog (chronx.blogspot.com) has not been updated since November.
4) Ribbons. This one may seem kind of egotistical, but I would like some recognition for the 4 director tourneys I was in. I think other people feel the same way, judging by some of the public tags I've read. To my knowledge, no ribbons have been issued since July. (I personally have one from August that has yet to be awarded)
5) Card Balancing Issues. There are several cards which have come up as seeming unbalanced to a large number of people. For instance, see the dresdner HQ thread in Network Uplink. These should be addressed in a public forum (perhaps in the core at specified times), so that the overall level of frustrated people is lowered. A good explanation as to why the cards are balanced would be all that is necessary, as long as it stood up to critical analysis.

The above are my biggest complaints with ChronX. Like I said, I am certainly thankful that it is still around and it is certainly among the most enjoyable games I have ever played. However, I think it could be so much better!
- Joel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2020 - 03:11 AM