Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wordgames on CX?
The Bus Driver
post Sep 13 2003, 07:03 AM
Post #1

Nearing Adolescence

Group: Life
Member No.: 100

Alright, I'll help by running something, and since I'm bored with tournaments (sitting there and recording stuff.... fun) I guess I'll do what I'm good at: Wordgames.

Rules: Most of you can skip this if you know how wordgames work.

Basically, I will have a category for the night (for example, CX cards) and I'll come up with words that fit under the category (for example, Air Drop). I Will give you a grid that looks like this: _ _ _ /_ _ _ _ (for air drop). and every few seconds, I will give you the same grid again only with 1 more letter revealed. (So, next would be _ _ r/_ _ _ _ , then _ _ r/_ _ o _ and so forth) The first person to shout out the word I have in mind (in this case, the first person to shout 'air drop") will get a point. The winner is the person with the most number of points.

Specifications:

-Spelling and Grammar must be 100% correct, but not Capitalization. So "Tetsujin's reVENGE" is fine, "Tetsujins revenge" is not, I will be including punctuation marks and such in the puzzle itself, so watch out for those.
-There are times when the game will end when someone has 15 points, or the person who has the most points at the end of a specified amount of time will win, I don't know, but I'll let you know.
-I have no idea when to run this, so I'm open to suggestions (Not Tuesdays due to band practice)
-I can do only CX cards, or I can change the category every week (musicians, TV shows, etc.), and heck, if you want, I can change the category every puzzle if people would like it that way,again I'm open to suggestions.

So leave your suggestions for just about anything here.

--------------------
They call me the Bus Driver,
Because I take you to school!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Proto
post Sep 13 2003, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Rug Rat

Group: Life
Member No.: 31

Sounds like fun and if I can make the time slot, i'll be there for sure. I'd tend towards CX-related topics but there's a lot of scope within that, as I'm sure you realise. Quotes from flavour text could be fun, as could the in-game text which appears when certain cards are played, adding another level for those of us who think we know the cards inside out already. unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2020 - 05:41 PM