Reply to this topicStart new topic
> final fantasy X-2, what do you think about final fantasy X2
Operative
post Jan 14 2004, 06:32 AM
Post #1

Rug Rat

Group: Life
Member No.: 249

hello, just thought i'd make a topic for the heck of it. i've been playing final fantasy for a good week now, and i think that the first final fantasy sequel is pretty good overall, except that you play with only the three girls: Yuna, Rikku, and Paine. what do you guys think about it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kosh K95x
post Jan 14 2004, 07:36 AM
Post #2

Desperado

Member No.: 37

"Maybe all this world really needs is fun." Maroda says something to that effect in the later stages of the game. That seems to be the main theme to Final Fantasy X-2. The game is chock full of side quests and mini-games throughout.

Another major theme with FF X-2 is memories, as Yuna finds constant reminders of Tidus throughout her journeys around Spira. But she's not the only one getting misty eyed. I enjoyed the feeling of, "Oh, I remember that place!" or "Hey, I remember you!" as I played FF X-2.

I also liked the overall tone to the game. Unlike most Squeenix RPGs, it wasn't just about the impending doom of the world. Much of the game is spent observing the post-Sin version Spira, and how the people are adapting their rapidly changing world.

Only 3 playable characters? Yeah, you're right. It just never stuck out to me. With the dresssphere-based job system, the game seems to work well even with the same 3 characters. I've always had problems with RPGs that have too many playable characters, so I appreciate erring toward the side of having a smaller cast.

The worst part about FF X-2? Trying to leave the post battle summary screen. Every RPG in recent memory let you quickly exit that screen and return to the action pronto. Apparently, they didn't quite succeed on that note. By hitting the X button, the experience and gil gets updated immediately, but there's a noticeable delay before the game lets you push X again to get out of that screen. It's been annoying the heck out of me.

Btw, is it just me, or has Hedy Burress improved with her voice acting portrayal of Yuna? Nothing has jumped out at me as being downright terrible. But then, maybe I've just sufficiently lowered my expectations with Yuna since FF X.

--------------------
- Kosh K95x
"That's because it's so full of mercy!" - Nicholas D. Wolfwood

+Quote Post
Operative
post Jan 16 2004, 09:07 AM
Post #3

Rug Rat

Member No.: 249

hmmm have you been able to get the 100% completion and perfect ending? right now i'm following a guide hopefully guaranteeing 100% complete :-)

+Quote Post
Kosh K95x
post Jan 16 2004, 11:43 PM
Post #4

Desperado

I might try for that on my 2nd play through. But I won't do that right away. I haven't beat it my first time through yet.

--------------------
- Kosh K95x

+Quote Post
CrashWire
post Jan 17 2004, 12:29 AM
Post #5

Jedi Sentinel
Group Icon

Group: One
Member No.: 1

I don't think you can beat it 100% on your first run.

Sadly, with my schedule nowadays, I have very little time for games, since there are other higher up priorities. sad.gif

--------------------
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no chaos; there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the Force.

+Quote Post
Storm
post Jan 21 2004, 06:43 AM
Post #6

Nearing Adolescence

Member No.: 24

What could possibly be a higher priority than gaming? I just enjoyed the hell out a 3 day sick-out from work (minor problem that got me a drs note) which kept me close to home but didnt prevent me from enjoying FIFA 2004 for the 6 days (yes, I timed said sickout to coincide with the MLK Day holiday weekend....)

Sounds like ffx2 is fun. I'm probably going to pick up both the GH version of ffx and the new one and plow through them back to back.

+Quote Post
Kosh K95x
post Jan 23 2004, 02:25 AM
Post #7

Desperado

Something I just noticed the other day. Near the end of the game, if you return to the Celsius after traveling to the Farplane Glen and talk to Shinra, you get to see a story event where Shinra talks about how the people of Spira might one day be able to tap the vast energy source located in the Farplane.

Hmmm... a guy named "Shinra" contemplates harvesting energy from the core of the planet. Is this supposed to be a hint at some connection between Spira and Midgar (from Final Fantasy VII)? Or is this just an inside joke for us Final Fantasy faithfuls to enjoy?

--------------------
- Kosh K95x

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2020 - 06:29 PM